‘BeBlocky’ now available on Google Play Store
Publish Date: May 23, 2019
Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
An app to teach children the basics of programming, available on Android devices.
Available today, the app BeBlocky offers an interactive way to learn the skill of coding to Android phone users. It is a gamified learning mobile app that allows children to explore the basis of computer science, a very essential attribute in today’s world. It harnesses the power of graphical programming language to make the learning process engaging and fun.
BeBlocky starts off with BlockyBot – a friendly programmable robot – wandering around the kids’ playground, waiting to be programmed. Thanks to toy-brick like programming blocks, children can easily understand the coding process and grasp the variety of commands featured on the app. By dragging and dropping these blocks, they can creatively stack together programming components – events and operations –, thus programming BlockyBot. This way, they can command BlockyBot’s different actions, such as emotion, movement, reaction to different scenarios and many more.
The BeBlocky app features and benefits:
- BeBlocky tutorial: a learning tool with a help feature to teach the basic schematics of programming and how to operate the app
- enhanced self-expression: paves the way to a world of creative thinking where children are able to express themselves freely
- teaches valuable life skills: helps children improve their problem solving skill, develop logical thinking and approach tasks sequentially
- suitable for everyone: primarily targets school children (aged between 8-14 years) but can be used by anyone over that age looking for an introduction to programming or even a simple mind puzzle game
- designed to attract as well as interact with children and is not gender-specific
- over eight different categories to program and command BlockyBot
BeBlocky is now available worldwide on Google Play Store for free. The app is currently available in English language, with plans to release the app with other languages such as Arabic and French. Perfect timing for the app, as the Ethiopian National ICT Exhibition starts next month in the city.
“Other versions are under construction, the next one featuring Augmented Reality (AR) to project the programmable friendly robot – BlockyBot – into the real world. Targets have also been set to introduce different brand mascots as characters and an in-app toy store to personalize every child’s experience.“
Nathan Damtew, the Founder and CEO of BeBlocky, Inc.
The BeBlocky app is developed by BeBlocky, Inc., a firm that develops programming learning apps for children and is set on creating a platform they would love. A youth-centered web and mobile app development company, BeBlocky, Inc. is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and was founded in 2017.
If you would like further information about BeBlocky or BeBlocky, Inc., or you would like to schedule an interview, please contact
Nathan Damtew Zeleke, Founder and CEO of BeBlocky, Inc.
Linkedin: Nathan Damtew
BeBlocky is not just an app, it’s a child’s future.
Beimnet Tigistu Haile